Effective Date: March 23rd, 2015
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
"Personal information" may include information such as your name, postal address, email telephone number, and utility account information. When you register, we ask you to select a user name and password, which may contain personal information. We may collect your date of birth, which we treat as personal information when it is linked to other personal information about you.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us, for example when:
- You register for or participate in a Watt Watchers course;
- You register on our website; or
- You otherwise interact with the Watt Watchers program, such as by calling us, requesting information, or completing a survey.
We may also collect personal information about you from our affiliates, third parties such as utility companies, local fuel funds, other organizations, and state agencies, and we may combine this information with the information that you voluntarily provide to us.
We may also collect non-personal information automatically when you use our website. Non-personal information may include, among other things, the time and date of your visit, your browser type and version, your IP address, and the pages you viewed on www.wattwatchersmaryland.org. Both FFM and Your Web browser may offer tools to stop or restrict cookies on your computer or purge them from your browser. Note that if you "turn off," purge, or disable cookies, although you may still use our website, you may not be able to use all of the features, functions, or services available on our websites. In particular, if you disable cookies, you will not be able to graduate from the Watt Watchers program, as we will nit be able to verify that you have completed all of the required steps. If we cannot verify your graduation this may affect your ability to receive financial assistance from the Fuel Fund of Maryland.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We will use both personal and non-personal information we collect or obtain when you use our websites to provide and improve our services and to operate our organization. For example, we may use information to:
- Verify your identity or confirm your participation in a Watt Watchers Course;
- Conduct research;
- Operate or administer our websites and services;
- Analyze how our website is used;
- Respond to your requests for products, services, and/or information;
- Communicate with you about Watt Watchers or FFM products, services, events, and other items we believe will be of interest to you;
- Fulfill your registrations;
- Conduct fundraising; and
- Improve our website and program offerings.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We may share both personal and non-personal information with third parties in the course of our operations. This sharing may include, for example, sharing of information:
- With our affiliates;
- With local fuel funds, state agencies, and other third parties such as utility companies as part of the services we provide;
- With service providers that perform functions on our behalf (such as third party service providers that we use for the purpose of administering, operating, configuring our website, maintaining and providing internal support for our website and content on our website, and for distributing our online, email, messaged, or web-based newsletters and other information);
- For research or fundraising purposes;
- When compelled by a governmental agency, law, regulation, a court or other legal process;
- If we believe you are or may be a threat to safety, security, property, interests or rights of us or anyone else; or
- In a merger, acquisition, change of control, partial or total sale or transfer of assets including in a bankruptcy proceeding, joint venture, or other change to our organization.
In addition to the sharing described above, we may also share your data with other third-party entities or for other purposes with your permission, such as after giving you an opportunity to opt out.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
This website contains links to websites offered by third parties, including social media networks. Even if we have a relationship with a third party you may encounter or see on our website, the advertising, links or references to third parties or any of their websites, including any cookies or other technology they use, are not under our control.
UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION OR OPTING OUT
If you would like to request a change or update to the personal information that FFM maintains about you, you can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use this process to request that we not use or share your information for fundraising purposes or for promotional communications.
If you do not want FFM to use or share your personal information as stated above, you may request that we discontinue using or sharing your personal information by sending an email to email@example.com. Upon receiving an opt-out request, FFM will make every effort to discontinue using the individual's personal information as soon as practicable. After your opt-out request is implemented, FFM will no longer be able to provide services to you. however, FFM reserves the right to retain information in its archives and records to comply with the law, resolve disputes, analyze problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our terms and other policies, and take other actions otherwise permitted or required by law.
FFM uses reasonable administrative, physical, and technical measures designed to maintain the data that we collect in a secure fashion.
For questions relating to privacy, we can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 410.235.9080 or by mail at Fuel Fund of Maryland, 1800 Washington Blvd, Suite 410-A, Baltimore, MD 21230, Attention: Privacy Administrator.